Family Day at the Nevis Range Gondolas
Some of the family wanted to climb Ben Nevis today while we are here. Call me crazy but I did not fancy hiking up a mountain 14 weeks after giving birth, carrying a baby in a sling.
So we found another way to get up the mountain range. Nevis Range Gondolas. They take you up to another mountain in the range which overlooks Ben Nevis.
We have been on Gondolas before at Alton Towers, and I hate being stuck in one with someone who likes to rock the boat (and I don’t mean the kids) but luckily these weren’t big enough to walk around in.
When we got to the top we were then able to go for a fairly easy mountain walk 2,000 feet up, enjoy the spectacular views and take some great photographs.
We were there for about 3 hours in total. It had been raining recently so there were lots of puddles for the 4 year old to splash in which kept him happy.
There is also a small slide for the children to go on at no extra charge.
5 facts about Nevis Range Gondolas
- Situated on the mountain Aonach Mor, with views of Ben Nevis.
- There is an official Mountain Bike World Cup course, and you can watch mountain bikers going down different sections of the mountain.
- The mountain discovery centre at the top is only open in the summer.
- Other activities at the resort are skiing and snowboarding (winter), and a Tree Adventure course.
- The highest point on the mountain is 4,006 feet, the Gondolas reach 2,100 feet. You can walk the rest of the way if you want to reach the summit.
If you are thinking of visiting the Nevis Range Gondolas, you can find more details on their website here.